24.2.03

Diálogos (na Casa Branca e aqui em casa)

George W. Bush e Condoleezza Rice
- Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?
- Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of China.
- Great. Lay it on me.
- Hu is the new leader of China.
- That's what I want to know.
- That's what I'm telling you, Mr. Bush.
- That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of China?
- Yes.
- I mean the fellow's name.
- Hu.
- The guy in China.
- Hu.
- The new leader of China.
- Hu.
- The Chinaman!
- Hu is leading China.
- Now whaddya' asking me for?
- I'm telling you Hu is leading China.
- Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?
- That's the man's name.
- That's who's name?
- Yes.
- Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader of China?
- Yes, sir.
- Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the Middle East.
- That's correct.
- Then who is in China?
- Yes, sir.
- Yassir is in China?
- No, sir.
- Then who is?
- Yes, sir.
- Yassir?
- No, sir.
- Look, Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China. Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.
- Kofi?
- No, thanks.
- Do you want Kofi?
- No.
- You don't want Kofi.
- No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And then get me the U.N.
- Yes, sir.
- Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.
- Kofi?
- Milk! Will you please make the call?
- And call who?
- Who is the guy at the U.N?
- Hu is the guy in China.
- Will you stay out of China?!
- Yes, sir.
- And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at the U.N.
- Kofi.
- All right! With cream and two sugars. Now get on the phone!
(Condi picks up the phone.)
- Rice, here.
- Rice? Good idea. And a couple of egg rolls, too. Maybe we should send some to the guy in China. And the Middle East. Can you get Chinese food in the Middle East?

Engano(*)
Toca o telefone. O celular, claro. Atendo. Voz feminina do outro lado, doce e manhosa:
- Oi!
- Oi.
- Tudo bem?
- Tudo ótimo. Quem é?
(Silêncio)
- A Andréa, da festa de ontem.
(Silêncio, minha vez)
- Festa? Ontem? Não saí de casa ontem...
(Novo silêncio)
- Ué, não é o nove-dois-cinco-dois...
- Isso.
- E você não é o Danilo?
- Não, sou o Gabriel.
(Mais um silêncio. Depois, percebo o tom de "levei um fora":)
- Desculpa, foi engano.
- Sem problema.

Ligo de volta. Algumas coisas da modernidade, como o identificador de chamadas, são ótimas nessas horas. Atende uma voz chorosa, claro:
- Alô.
- Oi.
- Quem é?
- O Gabriel. Acabamos de falar...
- Ah... Oi. O que foi?
- Eu tava pensando...
- Pensando?
- É. Não pode ser acaso!!! Você, solteira (rezo para parecer saber do que falo), com meu número... Eu também estou solteiro. Não pode ser coincidência!
- E?
- E... Bom.. Sei lá, você me entende...
- Entendo, mas...
- Tem razão. Deixa pra lá!
- Não, 'pera!
- 'Pero...
- O que você vai fazer à noite?
- Hoje? Trabalhar. Até tarde. Sou um escravo do trabalho.
- Ah é?!
- Pois é. Mas... Podemos combinar algo para o fim-de-semana.
- Podemos. Você me liga ou eu te ligo?!

PS.: , você sabe, né?! Ladrão que rouba ladrão tem cem anos de perdão! E... (*) qualquer semelhança com a realidade é pura coincidência. Sério...!

Nenhum comentário: